[Open-bio-l] a common repository for test datasets/use cases for all Bio* projects

Jason Stajich jason at bioperl.org
Thu Dec 4 12:06:24 EST 2008

I don't know if this is really the best email list for this --
although not sure what other common list should be used.

We actually a started a project like this many moons ago, but no one
contributed examples...

http://code.open-bio.org/cgi/viewcvs.cgi/biodata/

We can start a common SVN repository for this if you like or a github
on OBF if that is more likely to garner contributions.

In terms of documentation - you are certainly welcome to make a
documentation repository but I would argue a wiki or wiki-like soln
would be best for documentation.
Whether a common wiki can be maintained among the projects (or merge
the wikifarms someday) is something to contemplate too.

-jason