[EMBOSS] Applications limits

Jon Ison jison at ebi.ac.uk
Thu Apr 30 10:08:41 UTC 2009

Hi Achille

As a rule, the native EMBOSS applications have no arbitrary
limits so you should be able to process as many sequences as
your hardware / software setup allows.  The applications you
mention however use ports of third-party code.  These too should
have had any arbitrary limits removed but I'm not 100% on that.

You might check there are no limits on memory usage in your
system, use "unlimit" or some such on Unix.

Cheers

Jon