[EMBOSS] Command line on www-interface

Guy Bottu gbottu at vub.ac.be
Wed Apr 1 15:24:12 UTC 2009

Grzegorz Machnik wrote:
> If I utilize any of www- based EMBOSS interface, may I use any of the command line qualifiers, i.e. -sreverse2 ? It will be useful for me. Till now I use it succesfuly in UNIX- based software.
> There is no such options to chose it, even in "advanced options" section.

	Dear Grzegorz,

You present here a good question. GUI's for EMBOSS usually have a script that
converts ACD to HTML, XML or whatever language is used to describe the program
pages. The "Associated" parameters however do not show up in the ACD files and
need some ad hoc programmed module in the ACD parser. The GUI's much differ in
what they offer. I think Jemboss is quite complete, at least for sequences. And
wEMBOSS at least does support -sbegin1 -send1 -sreverse1 -sbegin2 -send2 -sreverse2.

	Regards,
	Guy Bottu,
	Belgian EMBnet Node and wEMBOSS development team