[DAS2] Notes from DAS/2 registry meeting, September 2004

Tim Hubbard th at sanger.ac.uk
Thu Jun 23 12:18:48 EDT 2005

Hi Gregg,

Hope you're all having fun out there.

At 8:30 am -0700 23/6/05, Helt,Gregg wrote:
>I dug up my notes from the meeting about DAS/2 registry and discovery we
>had in Hinxton last September, should be attached as a doc file.  A
>little spotty, but may be helpful for registry and discovery discussions
>later today.

You might also want to take a look at the registry we've setup for
DAS1 sources (=Andreas Prlic).

	http://das.sanger.ac.uk/registry/listServices.jsp

So far the DAS sources that have been registered are mainly for
proteins, however we are starting to register genomic sources and
plan to use this for handling DAS sources within Ensembl shortly.

This implementation has facilities built in to validate whether DAS
sources are still available at regular intervals and flag ones that
cannot be contacted and allows multiple registries through
child/parent relationships

Tim
Dr Tim Hubbard                      email: th at sanger.ac.uk
Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute     Tel (direct): +44 1223 496886
Wellcome Trust Genome Campus        Tel (switch): +44 1223 834244
Hinxton                             Fax: +44 1223 494919
Cambridgeshire. CB10 1SA.           URL: http://www.sanger.ac.uk/Users/th