[BioSQL-l] Can I load ontologies into BioSQL?

Achille Zappa achille.zappa at istge.it
Mon Jun 22 14:12:18 UTC 2009

Hi guys

I'm working with biosql and I try to figure out how to load ontologies
into biosql.

I've tried to load the flat files gene ontologies :

load_ontology.pl   --driver mysql --dbuser xxx --dbpass xxx --host
localhost --dbname biosql --namespace "Gene Ontology" --format goflat
--fmtargs "-defs_file,GO.defs"  function.ontology process.ontology
component.ontology

as in the script info but I have an error,

a lot of  ------------ WARNING ---------------------
MSG: DBLink exists in the dblink of _default
and at the end
------------- EXCEPTION: Bio::Root::Exception -------------
MSG: format error (file /home/user/Download/process.ontology) offending line:
     -negative regulation of angiogenesis ; GO:0016525 ; synonym:down
regulation of angiogenesis ; synonym:down\-regulation of angiogenesis
; synonym:downregulation of angiogenesis ; synonym:inhibition of
angiogenesis % negative regulation of developmental process ;
GO:0051093 % regulation of angiogenesis ; GO:0045765

STACK: Error::throw
STACK: Bio::Root::Root::throw
/usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.10.0/Bio/Root/Root.pm:357
STACK: Bio::OntologyIO::dagflat::_parse_flat_file
/usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.10.0/Bio/OntologyIO/dagflat.pm:627
STACK: Bio::OntologyIO::dagflat::parse
/usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.10.0/Bio/OntologyIO/dagflat.pm:284
STACK: Bio::OntologyIO::dagflat::next_ontology
/usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.10.0/Bio/OntologyIO/dagflat.pm:317
STACK: load_ontology.pl:604

could you help me?
is it possible to use the OBO format with the loader?
those GO flat files are deprecated by the Gene Ontology site
is there a list of format to use with the biosql perl scripts?

thank you
regards
Achille

--
Achille Zappa
-Bioinformatics

Aiutaci TU ad aiutare TANTI: Il tuo 5 per MILLE a sostegno della nostra RICERCA.
 Come fare:
 Nella prossima dichiarazione dei redditi metti la firma
 nell'apposito riquadro del 5 per mille,
 scrivendo anche il codice fiscale dell'Istituto Nazionale per la Ricerca sul Cancro di Genova :
  c.f. 80 100 850 108
 Istituto Nazionale per la Ricerca sul Cancro
 L.go R. Benzi, 10 -16132 Genova
 http://www.istge.it