[BioSQL-l] bioseqDB error

Hilmar Lapp hlapp at gmx.net
Mon Jan 28 23:23:46 UTC 2008

Hi -

you will only need to install Bioperl-db if you intend to use BioPerl
to retrieve and store objects from/to the database. Also, Bioperl-db
comes with scripts for loading sequences and ontologies (through
BioPerl's SeqIO and OntologyIO capabilities).

load_ncbi_taxonomy.pl is independent of BioPerl or Bioperl-db (which
is why I am pulling the thread back to BioSQL - problems with
load_ncbi_taxonomy are unrelated to Bioperl).

If you see the error below only after 'installing' Bioperl-db I
assume that you also ran the Bioperl-db test suite (as otherwise it
is not explainable). Did this not result in any errors? The Bioperl-
db tests normally clean up after themselves, and what you report
seems to indicate that they are not. Are you using MySQL, and if so,
did you make sure to enable InnoDB?

	-hilmar