[BioSQL-l] Rank terms

Hilmar Lapp hlapp at gnf.org
Wed Jan 26 13:51:57 EST 2005

Basically counters, e.g. index in an array, or any other number
introducing an ordering.

They were originally nullable, but we made all rank columns NOT NULL
that take part in a unique key constraint in order to get correct and
consistent behaviour from all supported RDBMS platforms (MySQL was
giving problems due to its deviant treatment of null columns in
compound keys).

	-hilmar

Hilmar Lapp                            email: lapp at gnf.org