[BioSQL-l] Rank terms

Marc Logghe Marc.Logghe at devgen.com
Wed Jan 26 06:40:29 EST 2005

> biojava-live currently refer to it which suggests it is
> usually entirely
> ignored.
I don't think this is the case. All this is handled _implicitely_ by the different Adaptor modules.
I don't really know the inners, but I only can notice that when you fetch an entry using bioentry2flat.pl, the genbank record comes out, in the exact way as you have loaded it into biosql. Features, annotations, references come out in the exact same order. And the most important line in bioentry2flat.pl is only
$seq = $seqadaptor->find_by_unique_key($seq);
So the rank must be used somewhere, sometime.
my 0.02 $

Cheers,
Marc