[BioSQL-l] object-mapping

Tamas Hegedus Hegedus.Tamas at mayo.edu
Thu Jan 20 14:45:33 EST 2005

Hi,

I also would like to understand the mapping between different 'flat file
  databases' (like SwissPrt, InterPro.xml) and the BioSQL schema.

I think I tried most of the docs:
=> Bio::SeqIO::genbank and Bio::SeqIO::embl POD; Bio::Seq::RichSeq;
=> BioPerl, SeqIO howto and others;
=> I also tried to understand the 'loading'.pl scripts to find the
mapping, but I lost in the code.

It would be great help for me if you could point a piece of code, or
give a reference to read about the 'general concept' behind the BioSQL
structure (e.g. in order to find out, how to map other, not implemented
databases into the BioSQL).

Thanks,
Tamas

--
Tamas Hegedus, Research Fellow | phone: (1) 480-301-6041
Mayo Clinic Scottsdale         | fax:   (1) 480-301-7017
13000 E. Shea Blvd             | mailto:hegedus at mayo.edu
Scottsdale, AZ, 85259          | http://hegedus.brumart.org