[BioSQL-l] error using load_seqdatabase.pl

Hilmar Lapp hlapp at gnf.org
Wed Sep 24 15:34:21 EDT 2003

This looks clearly like a bug since the generated statement is incorrect.
What puzzles me is that I update RefSeq (which is in Genbank format) on a
daily basis on an Oracle instance and I'm not seeing this error. Also, I
thought there is a test for genbank. I need to check that there is.

Did you pre-load the NCBI taxon database? If no, consider doing so, as it
will likely spare you from some trouble down the road with species that
aren't parsed correctly by flat file parsers.

    -hilmar

Hilmar Lapp                            email: lapp at gnf.org