[BioSQL-l] Bug in loading duplicate but non-identical swissprot references

Elia Stupka elia at tll.org.sg
Thu Apr 17 17:16:46 EDT 2003

Thanks for the link.

I would really like to implement a solution and generally I would be
very happy to get back to core development of the code. Coming from the
older bioperl-db naive approach to databases which relies on lots of
code and all special cases added to the code it'd have taken me 1
minute to fix this, however because of the nice and clean way things
are handled I understand it ain't easy.

If, as I was mentioning one checks uniqueness only by crc isn't there
an easy way to force the update of the reference table once the medline
id is found?

I guess I really come to BioSQL from a different angle, i.e. I would
like to keep the beauty of the new and shiny BioSQL but regain its
ability to be a complete repository of public database sequences for
which we are still using the old bioperl-db....

Elia

---
Bioinformatics Program Manager
Temasek Life Sciences Laboratory