[BioSQL-l] Re: DEFERRABLE not supported under MySQL

Aaron J Mackey ajm6q at virginia.edu
Tue Apr 8 09:44:31 EDT 2003

Ugh.  So in other words, yet another example of half-assed support for a
feature in MySQL.  Perhaps there's an argument that MySQL-based biosql
should be as "dumb" as possible, i.e. *not* use InnoDB tables to get ref.
integrity (since it's not really usable as such).  Or, drop/add the FK
constraint during taxon load (I know, the better solution, but a slippery
slope down the road to special cases).

-Aaron

--
 Aaron J Mackey