[BioSQL-l] taxonomy stuff

Jason Stajich jason at cgt.mc.duke.edu
Wed Apr 2 11:34:31 EST 2003

Aaron - how far along is the taxonomy stuff?  If I wanted to query for a
all the taxids that are within a specific division or even kingdom?

Is there a taxonomy adaptor I can start working with and possibly
extending.  I want to do the basic process of filtering my BLAST hits to
only those within certain clades.

I'm mapping gi -> taxaid from the table available from NCBI and then
wanting to restrict to only those gi #s in my list.

I'm happy to write things, just curious where they stand.  I realize we
don't quite have the richer taxonomic objects up to speed in bioperl to
represent everything in the taxondb just yet.

-jason

--
Jason Stajich
Duke University