[BioSQL-l] trivial enquiry

Matthew Pocock matthew_pocock@yahoo.co.uk
Tue, 08 Oct 2002 22:57:51 +0100

Hi Gerardo,

Basicaly, you are asking if there is a repository of believable
meta-data about the things we encounter in bioinformatics. The answer
unfortunately is that there doesn't seem to be. I think this sort of
thing was attempted in TAMBIS, but the formats and schemas changed so
rapidly that TAMBIS was constantly out of date.

If we had this available, life would be much easier. The world would be
a better place. Are you interested in helping to compile such a resource?

Matthew