[BioSQL-l] (no subject)

gerardo ramirez geraneo@hotmail.com
Sun, 06 Oct 2002 07:22:30 +0000

I am quite new to bionfo, so I hope my question do not disturb any one, I
have seen so many data bases in biology, some protein dbs and some dna dbs,
so I wonder is there any kind of tree where you can see the relation among
the different existing dbs? some tree where for example: gen bank is
primarly a DNA db, with more inf, and related info to  DNA and so on but
mainly a dna db, so aomong a whole genome (any one) I wonder if  for example
othe dna related dbs are included in a biger one? are ESTs (or any other dna
related information db) dbs some how related to genank? has this relation
been schematized? the same when it comes to protein dbs, among all of
protein dbs is there a schema where you can see for example wich db contain
wich? where can I find relevant information about the dbs schemas used in
biology? I hope my question do not be.. ... orrelevant or quite newbe,
thanks a lot in advance.