[BioRuby] trees

Naohisa GOTO ngoto at gen-info.osaka-u.ac.jp
Mon Jan 17 05:34:48 UTC 2011

On Sun, 16 Jan 2011 18:57:04 +0700
Yannick Wurm <yannick.wurm at unil.ch> wrote:

> is a specific person "responsible" for coordinating the wiki?
>
> the following page is largely misleading (contains tons of ruby code):
> http://bioruby.open-bio.org/wiki/HOWTO:Trees

The page is a trial to translate BioPerl HowTOs from Perl to Ruby,
but is still left unfinished. See the discussion:
http://bioruby.open-bio.org/wiki/Talk:HOWTOs

One of the reasons why the trial stalled is the differences between
BioPerl and BioRuby is larger than we expected.

In the Talk:HOWTOs page, to write BioRuby original documentation
were also discussed, but it stalled too.

Naohisa Goto
ngoto at gen-info.osaka-u.ac.jp