[Biopython] Variation in distance calculation between Bio.PDB and PyMol

Peter Cock p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com
Tue Feb 27 17:07:15 EST 2024

Hello Salma,

Have you computed that example between MN1 and the O1
ligand "by hand" from the PBD file to get a tie breaker?

Brainstorming about other possible sources of discrepancy:

I would also check you are comparing the same atoms
(i.e. is the 2.4 Angstrom threshold giving the same set), in
case sometimes an atom is at/on the boundary?

Are you looking at NMR structures with multiple models? if
so are both scripts looking at the same model or models?

Peter