[Biopython] Struggling with MSA...

Dan Bolser dan.bolser at outsee.co.uk
Thu Feb 15 11:07:07 EST 2024

Searching HMMER gives me (cryptic?) details of the model match:

Family-Id Family-Accession Clan Start End Ali-Start Ali-End Model-Start
Model-End Bit-Score Ind.-E-value Cond.-E-value Description
==================================================================================================================================

Methyltransf_11 PF08241.15 CL0063 63 173 63 172 1 95 51.30 1.5e-13 3.1e-17
Methyltransferase domain

MODEL
 LdvGcGtGrlaealakrg.arvvgvDlskemlklakekaseeglkvefvvadaeklpfednsfDlvvssevlhhv...e............dpekalkeiaRvLkpgGllv
MATCH  L +GcG+ +l+ +l   g  +v+ vD+s  ++++ +++    + ++++  +d++kl f+++sfD+v+
+ +l+ +   e             ++++l+e+ RvL pgG+++
PPL
SEQ
 LVLGCGNSALSYELFLGGfPNVTSVDYSSVVVAAMQARHAHVP-QLRWETMDVRKLDFPSASFDVVLEKGTLDALlagErdpwtvssegvhTVDQVLSEVSRVLVPGGRFI

So I guess it's possible to work backwards from there...