[Biopython] Issue parsing sequences

Fernanda Trancoso fftrancoso96 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 13 17:58:10 UTC 2018

Hello guys,
I'm trying to do the biopython tutorial and cookbook but i got stuck on the
"2.4.1 Simple FASTA parsing example". It says

Now try this in Python:

from Bio import SeqIO
for seq_record in SeqIO.parse("ls_orchid.fasta", "fasta"):
    print(seq_record.id)
    print(repr(seq_record.seq))
    print(len(seq_record))

But from the second line forward the ">>>" turns into "..." and I have no
idea of what input is missing, since I did copy/paste to be sure that i
wasn't writing something wrong.
Does anyone knows what might be going wrong?

Thanks

--
Fernanda Fontes Trancoso
Aluna de Graduação em Ciências Biológicas na UFMG