[Biopython] Merging Biopython & -dev mailing list; retiring -announce list

Peter Cock p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com
Tue Jan 9 14:40:18 UTC 2018

Hello all,

As of today, we have combined the main Biopython mailing list
and biopython-dev mailing list. This is part of a wider OBF effort
to consolidate our mailing lists with a view to migrating away
from our elderly self-managed mailman instance, see:

Technically, all the subscribers to the biopython-dev mailing
list have been moved over to the main biopython mailing list.
The biopython-dev list still exists, but has no subscribers and
will no longer be used.

All the Biopython mailing list archives still exist and are still public:

http://mailman.open-bio.org/pipermail/biopython/
http://mailman.open-bio.org/pipermail/biopython-dev/
http://mailman.open-bio.org/pipermail/biopython-annouce/

The announcements list will continue in the short term, but
is likely to be shut down as part of the OBF's planned mailing
list migration.

This is mainly used for release notices which also go out via
Twitter and the OBF blog, see:

https://twitter.com/biopython

https://news.open-bio.org/category/obf-projects/biopython/

Regards,