[Biopython] EBI module expansion/development

Francesco Gastaldello (Staff) f.gastaldello at dundee.ac.uk
Wed Sep 13 08:15:53 UTC 2017

Hi all,

I got in touch with Berenice and she seems quite happy to incorporate her project in Biopython (her email below).

I'll be happy to have a look at it in the future.

Regards,
Francesco

Hi Francesco,

Thanks for your email.
EBISearch is a small project I developed because I needed to query EBI inside Python scripts.
So it could be better to add it to Biopython to give it a longer life :)
But I never contributed to Biopython... It seems impressive for me

The only thing is I will need to keep a command-line interface of the tool, specially for the already existing Galaxy integration
But this CLI can just call the Biopython library.

Cheers,

Bérénice

Bérénice Batut
PhD in Bioinformatics and Computational Biology
Post-doctoral researcher in Bioinformatics
http://bebatut.fr<http://bebatut.fr/>