[Biopython] Issues parsing genbank files

David Martin (Staff) d.m.a.martin at dundee.ac.uk
Tue Oct 3 20:27:32 UTC 2017

If you put the accession into the NCBI website then the standard Genbank file is the one you receive as with the query you used. However, the full record is in the Genbank (full) view.

The question then is what is the correct syntax to use with the Entrez.fetch( ) command to retrieve the full record, and the note that the example given in the tutorial will not retrieve the full record.

..d

Dr David Martin
Senior Lecturer in Bioinformatics
College of Life Sciences