[Biopython] Bio.AlignIO and Bio.SearchIO

Michiel de Hoon mjldehoon at yahoo.com
Fri May 19 08:41:06 UTC 2017

Dear all,
Is there some easy way to convert a Bio.Align.MultipleSeqAlignment object into a Bio.SearchIO.QueryResult ?The reason I'm asking is that I am trying to convert a pairwise sequence alignment in Fasta format into PSL format.
I am hoping to read the Fasta file with Bio.AlignIO, then convert the Bio.Align.MultipleSeqAlignment object into a Bio.SearchIO.QueryResult object, and write it out as PSL using Bio.SearchIO.
Thanks,
-Michiel