[Biopython] Suggestion for a new biopython logo

Damian Menning dmenning at mail.usf.edu
Mon May 8 18:07:11 UTC 2017

I like it to.  I think a simple fix for the planarian issue would be to
just add a small tongue to each head

On Mon, May 8, 2017 at 9:41 AM, Iddo Friedberg <idoerg at gmail.com> wrote:

> I agree, great use of the Python colors. Also, it *does* look a bit
> planarian... should not be hard to tweak the head, I think, but with my
> utter lack of graphics skills I would not know...
>
> ALos, if we adopt, I think we should license the logo appropriately. See
> the Tux logo as an example: https://commons.wikimedia.org/
> wiki/File:Tux.svg
>
> On Mon, May 8, 2017 at 5:59 AM, Patrick Kunzmann <padix.kleber at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hello folks,
>>
>> here I suggest you a new biopython logo, which looks in my opinion more
>> modern and has a better readable "biopython" text. The logo is available as
>> *.svg vector graphics (created with Inkscape) and is therefore well
>> scalable to all sizes.
>>
>> So discuss if you like it and feel free to make suggestions to improve
>> this logo.  I opened the pull request #116 at
>> https://github.com/biopython/biopython.github.io
>>

>> Best regards,
>>
>> Patrick Kunzmann

> --
> Iddo Friedberg
> http://iddo-friedberg.net/contact.html
> ++++++++++[>+++>++++++>++++++++>++++++++++>+++++++++++<<<<<-]>>>>++++.>

Damian Menning, Ph.D.

"There are two types of academics. Those who use the Oxford comma, those
who don't and those who should."

Standard comma - You know Bob, Sue and Greg? They came to my house.
Oxford comma - You know Bob, Sue, and Greg? They came to my house.
Walken Comma - You know, Bob, Sue, and Greg? They came, to my house.
Shatner comma - You, know, Bob, Sue, and Greg? They, came, to my house.