[Biopython] qblast NCBI API broken?

Peter Cock p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com
Wed Mar 22 14:38:15 UTC 2017

Hi Alex,

The "good" news is your example fails for me right now.

As an aside, I would suggest anything at example.org or similar
versus making up an email address which is potentially real:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc2606

Interestingly test_NCBI_qblast.py seems fine (although much
slower than usual), so I suspect there must be something
breaking on the NCBI side with this specific request?

If I remove the Entrez query it seems to run just fine. I suggest
revisiting this in a few days to see if it has been fixed - or that
you email the NCBI BLAST team directly to enquire.

Regards,

Peter