[Biopython] help with ncbiWWW

Peter Cock p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com
Wed Jul 26 12:06:19 UTC 2017

Hmm. Do you need this to work on Python 2?

https://docs.python.org/2/library/urllib.html
https://docs.python.org/3/library/urllib.request.html

Python 3 added a timeout argument to the urlopen function,
which it says defaults to the "global default timeout".

Does this help:

import socket
socket.setdefaulttimeout(30)  # timeout in seconds

I'm guessing at a sensible limit here - you will
probably need to experiment.

Regards,

Peter