[Biopython] Converting transcript coordinates to genome coordinates

Michiel de Hoon mjldehoon at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 5 10:04:14 UTC 2017

Dear all,
Does anybody have some code to convert transcript coordinates to genome coordinates?
I have the position of a nucleotide along a transcript, and the genome coordinates of the start and end of each exon in the transcript, and I would like to find the position of the nucleotide in genome coordinates.Ideally, I am looking for some code that can find the genome coordinates of a sequence of nucleotides.For example, if these are the exons:exon1  10000 10030exon2  10050 10080and a nucleotide sequence starting at position 20 and ending at position 50 in transcript coordinates,
then I am looking for the genome coordinates (10020,10030), (10050,10070).
Thanks,-Michiel