[Biopython] Using DSSP to calculate SASA

Ahmad Abdelzaher underoath006 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 24 15:08:42 UTC 2017

I can see on the documentation page that DSSP can return relative
sasa. Does that mean it calculates sasa first then divides by one of
the reference values listed on the page?

Questions: how to retrieve just sasa? how to change the default to
Miller? how fast is it, say compared to Pymol? why is there another
class just for sasa "Naccess", if DSSP can do it?

P.s. I contacted the Naccess author, he told me it's strictly linux
and that there's no binaries for windows.

Regards.