[Biopython] Getting ABI peak values from ABI file

Peter Cock p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com
Fri Oct 7 15:11:20 UTC 2016

Hi Eric,

I think you want the raw DATA1, DATA2, DATA3 and DATA4 values (for the
four bases) which are exposed via the Biopython ABI parser, e.g.

from Bio import SeqIO
record = SeqIO.read("310.ab1", "abi")
print(record.annotations['abif_raw']['DATA1'])

See also http://www.appliedbiosystem.com/support/software_community/ABIF_File_Format.pdf

Peter