[Biopython] Installing biopython on OS X 10.10.5

Michael Muratet muratetm at gmail.com
Mon May 9 21:24:53 UTC 2016

> On May 9, 2016, at 4:16 PM, Peter Cock <p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com> wrote:
>
> Hello Michael,
>
> On Mon, May 9, 2016 at 7:53 PM, Michael Muratet <muratetm at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Greetings
>>
>> I have a MacBook Pro 17” Early 2009 running 10.10.5. I’m using anaconda:
>>

> So not the latest El Capitan OS X 10.11, which probably also means
> you don't have the latest XCode?

I have the latest I could get from the App Store, version 7.2. I’ve thought about the next OS upgrade, but I worry every time I upgrade that it will break my system as it gets older.

>> Python 2.7.9 |Anaconda 2.1.0 (x86_64)| (default, Dec 15 2014, 10:37:34)
>> [GCC 4.2.1 (Apple Inc. build 5577)] on darwin
>
> Did you install Biopython into Anaconda using the conda install tool?

Yes, and it installed without a glitch, thus solving the problem. I now have the latest biopython. I should have tried conda first ;-)

For the record, I did try commenting out the code and wound up with a missing header. But, I have a current biopython so I’m not going to worry about it anymore.

Thanks

Mike