[Biopython] BioSeqUtilsMeltingTemp

Stefanie Lück luecks at gmail.com
Tue Jan 19 07:52:32 UTC 2016

Hello everybody!

First of all I would like to thank you because of the great documentation
of the module I mention above.

However I have a problem. I am trying to calculate the temperature with
Tm_NN by using dangling ends.

I am calling the function like this:

Tm_NN(seq, check=True, strict=True, c_seq=c_seq, shift=1, nn_table=RNA_NN3,
          tmm_table=DNA_TMM1, imm_table=DNA_IMM1, de_table=RNA_DE1,
          dnac1=25, dnac2=0, selfcomp=False, Na=20, K=50, Tris=0, Mg=0,
          dNTPs=0, saltcorr=5)

whereas an example,

seq = GAT
c_seq = TCTA

which means:
-GAT
TCTA

Unfortunately I got a keyerror (KeyError: '.G/TC') because the dictionary
does not contain '.G/TC' but 'CT/G.'

Do I have to supply the two sequences in a different way? I can not find
what I am doing wrong, I supply seq in 5'-3' and c_seq in 3'-5' direction.

Any help would be very appreciated!
Thanks,
Stefanie