[Biopython] Intel Python distribution

Gunning, Don don.gunning at intel.com
Wed Aug 31 13:34:43 UTC 2016

Intel has just announced the Intel Python distribution.   An open source version with many packages optimized for performance

https://software.intel.com/en-us/python-distribution

The life sciences market is an area we are trying to help with.  And your project seemed interesting as it is aligned with our thinking.

Could someone write me back and discuss how we could contribute to your project and get our distribution more widely used in your community?  One thought is for Intel to optimize and include packages that are regularly used in your community.

We look forward to hearing from you and potentially collaborating.

Regards

Don
Don Gunning
Software Program Manager