[Biopython] names of internal nodes - biophylo tree

Jakub Nowak jakub.nowak at ed.ac.uk
Sat Nov 14 23:30:54 UTC 2015

Hello everyone,

In the beginning I would like to thank for the help so far obtained from the community.

This time I am trying to process phylogenetic tree obtained with biopython clustalw multiple sequence alignment.
Basically my original tree has quite a few nodes and it is difficult to read leafs.
I wanted to only display certain number of parents’ branches.
I found a way to visualise tree using ETE2 package and select for visualisation only certain internal nodes. However it seems like phylogenetic tree generated with clustalw doesn’t include names of internal nodes.

Is there a way of generating a phylogenetic tree with biopython package that will also contain names of internal nodes?

Thanks a lot for your help and suggestions,

Jakub

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.