[Biopython] Problem with ResidueDepth class

Lenna Peterson arklenna at gmail.com
Mon Nov 9 22:03:34 UTC 2015

Hi Carlos,

I am able to get ResidueDepth and surface from 1yrk (although I notice
neither function is covered by the test suite, perhaps due to the soft
dependencies).

The error means that pdb_to_xyzr is not able to find an entry for a water
oxygen in the file "atmtypenumbers".

In pdb_to_xyzr, the path to atmtypenumbers is specified relatively, so my
suspicion is that you're not running it from the directory where
atmtypenumbers is located and it's not being found at all. If that is the
case, I would recommend editing pdb_to_xyzr to specify an absolute path
(e.g. change the line 'numfile = "./atmtypenumbers"' to something like
'numfile = /home/carlos/...').

Please let me know if that fixes your problem.

Cheers,

Lenna