[Biopython] Determine thermocycler sequence for PCR

Horea Christian h.chr at mail.ru
Sat Mar 28 22:20:52 UTC 2015

Hi, do you guys know any good literature reference that provides a
reliable equation to determine the ideal step temperatures and durations
for a PCR given the primers and the amplicon?

I see annealing temps can be calculated with biopython via
SeqUtils.MeltingTemp, which is nice, but it would be even greater if we
could provide assistance with designing more of the PCR protocol. I am
asking this also because I have a set of new primers over here which
likely need a new thermocycler protocol, and all I found via google was
very vague.

BEst,
Christian