[Biopython] Why can I not access the mouse_genomic_transcript database with NCBIWWW?

Horea Chrristian h.chr at mail.ru
Wed Mar 11 23:11:31 UTC 2015

Hi, I am trying to use NCBIWWW. I find it difficult to figure out what
the possible database names are. I understand that this is where the
NCBI BLAST databases are stored: ftp://ftp.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/blast/db/

and some of those IDs work... But why for instance will
mouse_genomic_transcript not work? the only other mouse alternative is
mouse_est (which works), but that only gives me expressed genes - I'd
like to use NCBI's BLAST against the whole mouse genome and only the
mouse genome from biopython. Can I do this?

Many Thanks,
Christian