[Biopython] Reading from binary BLAST db

Alexey Morozov alexeymorozov1991 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 5 10:05:51 UTC 2015

David, could you please mail me said scripts? I'm gonna make a reader
library, perhaps SeqIO-compatible and it'll be great if I can reuse your
code. I think mailing list doesn't support file attachments, so please use
my e-mail or some file hosting.
Blastdbcmd is a nice thing, and may indeed need a wrapper, but I can easily
imagine a situation when one has a DB, but doesn't have blastdbcmd (I'm in
such a situation myself, actually, and installing software to the cluster
we use may be a hassle). So I'd rather have a code with as little
dependencies as possible.

--
Alexey Morozov,
LIN SB RAS, bioinformatics group.