[Biopython] [Biopython-dev] Experimenting with migrating wiki to GitHub pages

Peter Cock p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com
Wed Mar 4 20:22:37 UTC 2015

On Wed, Mar 4, 2015 at 4:48 PM, João Rodrigues
<j.p.g.l.m.rodrigues at gmail.com> wrote:
> We've been using our site as a "blog". It's extremely easy. Each commit is a
> change to the website, e.g. a new page, new content, changing an image, etc.
> Hosting on GitHub also makes it easy for everybody to make changes: fork,
> change, pull request.

I'm glad to hear positive experiences about using GitHub Pages for
a group blog :)

I'm also thing about using this approach instead of WordPress
for the OBF blog, http://news.open-bio.org/ - ideally having first
extracted all the old posts with any images.