[Biopython] [Biopython-dev] Experimenting with migrating wiki to GitHub pages

Peter Cock p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com
Tue Mar 3 22:28:42 UTC 2015

On Tue, Mar 3, 2015 at 7:02 PM, Vincent Davis <vincent at vincentdavis.net> wrote:
> I think this I great! If I can help let me know.

Thanks!

I made some good progress tonight, first off to get tables to work
just required asking pandoc to produce GitHub Flavour Markdown:
https://github.com/peterjc/mediawiki_to_git_md/commit/4a0271a3a86d9b0fa8fcc4c2feb9aa54e77034d6

Getting the python snippets to display nicely on GitHub both in
mediawiki format at markdown was surprisingly simple:
https://github.com/peterjc/mediawiki_to_git_md/commit/0a94c8fc9206cfb1cb2c366dc6a69a4f07feb098

The good news is this means most of the pages now look pretty
when browsing my latest test branch on GitHub :)

There are still plenty of things which might be desirable, first
amongst them is getting the URLs to work (ideally preserving
the old wiki page URL patterns to make server migration
easier).