[Biopython] Python mini-course lesson two: dealing with errors

Peter Cock p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com
Tue Jun 9 12:07:05 UTC 2015

Hello again,

You've emailed the Biopython list rather than Martin. The problem here
is the syntax, you are missing the quote characters to tell Python
that "Hello world" is a string. e.g.

print("Hello world")

Or, you can use the single quote character instead:

print('Hello world')

As I said before, if you can find someone at your university who knows
a little Python who can help you, these kinds of issues are much
easier and quicker to solve in person. However, with time and
experience you'll get better at internet searching to find the answers
- usually someone else has had the same problem and and asked before,
e.g. at Stack Exchange. This is a gradual process and will take time
and effort though,

Good luck,

Peter