[Biopython] align sequence to genomic DNA

Horea Chrristian h.chr at mail.ru
Sat Feb 28 05:48:57 UTC 2015

Thanks for your answer. I want my code to be as reproducible as possible
and have as little dependencies as possible, so I would rather use
remote BLAST than set it up (and expect all my users to set it up)
locally. is there any way to BLAST remotely just against the mouse? You
said BLAST might not be the best solution - what then? I tried EMBOSS'
supermatcher, but that requires local sequences and is excruciatingly
slow....

Also, my main concern right now is finding the position of my hits on
the genome (chromosome) - could you also tell me something about that?

Best,
Christian