[Biopython] DOI for BioPython

c.buhtz at posteo.jp c.buhtz at posteo.jp
Tue Dec 22 15:36:57 UTC 2015

On 2015-12-22 15:10 Peter Cock <p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com> wrote:
> You can just say Biopython version 1.66 (for example) and
> cite the paper Cock et al 2009 and its DOI:

I need to cite the software not your paper about the software.
It is unscientific to do it like that. And somebody could say I just
want to say "thank you" in the way to increase your ImpfactFactor.

If there is no DOI I will just name the main website an the release
identifier (version number).

> Using Zenodo.org we'd have to register a DOI for each
> release, which does not seem that useful.

Exactly that would be useful and what DOIs are for - especially for a
scientific software like BioPython.
--
GnuPGP-Key ID 0751A8EC