[Biopython] [Entrez/eFetch] "reasonable" package

Leighton Pritchard Leighton.Pritchard at hutton.ac.uk
Thu Dec 3 09:17:05 UTC 2015

On 3 Dec 2015, at 09:07, Leighton Pritchard <leighton.pritchard at hutton.ac.uk<mailto:leighton.pritchard at hutton.ac.uk>> wrote:

iii) Run complete query, saving record IDs to webhistory (this could at times identify thousands of records) e.g. here, record has [“WebEnv”] and [“QueryKey”] fields that allow you to recover the results later. It also has a [‘Count’] field that tells you how many total records you should expect back. In my experience this caps at 100,000 - even though sometimes there have been more records to return. I have no robust, reliable way to overcome this.

Sorry - I was getting confused. It’s not the Esearch() query that caps, it’s the number of Elink records that were returned. My mistake.

L.

--
Dr Leighton Pritchard
Information and Computing Sciences Group; Weeds, Pests and Diseases Theme

If you are not the intended recipient, you should not read, copy, disclose or rely on any information contained in this email, and we would ask you to contact the sender immediately and delete the email from your system.
Although the James Hutton Institute has taken reasonable precautions to ensure no viruses are present in this email, neither the Institute nor the sender accepts any responsibility for any viruses, and it is your
responsibility to scan the email and any attachments.

The James Hutton Institute is a Scottish charitable company limited by guarantee.
Registered in Scotland No. SC374831
Registered Office: The James Hutton Institute, Invergowrie Dundee DD2 5DA.
Charity No. SC041796