[Biopython] graphics library suggestions?

Katie Edmonds betainverse at gmail.com
Thu Apr 30 14:15:49 UTC 2015

Hi,

I want to write a script that reads a list of genes from a table, including
their start and endpoint on the chromosome, and generates vector graphics
arrows on a line, with lengths and positions to scale for their size and
location in the genome, colored by some value given in the table. Does
anyone have any suggestions for a useful library for creating nice vector
graphics arrows?

Here's an example of what I'm talking about:
https://github.com/betainverse/other/blob/master/gene_arrows.pdf

Alternatively, is there already a good tool that does what I want?

Thanks,
Katie