[Biopython] Running a specific version of NCBI BLAST from within Biopython

Jocelyne jocelyne at gmail.com
Mon Oct 20 20:45:34 UTC 2014

I think the easiest way is probably make sure that the path to the one
you want is the first in your PATH environment variable, such that it
becomes the default Blast.

You can check which blast your path points to by doing "which blastn"
in your terminal.

$ which blastn
/usr/bin/blastn

$ export PATH=/path/to/blastdir:${PATH}