[Biopython] Original BLAST query

Trevor Bell trevorgrahambell at gmail.com
Wed Oct 15 15:00:58 UTC 2014

I have run stand-alone BLAST of query sequences (Q1, Q2, Q3) against a set
of reference sequences and written the results out in XML format, which I
am then processing via BioPython. I am unable to find the original query
sequences (Q1, Q2, Q3) in the XML file. Is this correct? When comparing
each set of BLAST results, it would be useful to have access to the
original query sequence, which was subjected to the BLAST, but this does
not appear to be stored in the XML output.