[Biopython] Blast query

Peter Cock p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com
Fri Nov 14 00:21:42 UTC 2014

Hi Aisling,

We have an FAQ in the Tutorial which is probably the answer here:

Q: Why doesn’t Bio.Blast.NCBIWWW.qblast() give the same results as the
NCBI BLAST website?
A: You need to specify the same options – the NCBI often adjust the
default settings on the website, and they do not match the QBLAST
defaults anymore. Check things like the gap penalties and expectation
threshold.

http://biopython.org/DIST/docs/tutorial/Tutorial.html

Peter