[Biopython] Get all alignments of a sequence against another

Mary Kindall mary.kindall at gmail.com
Fri Mar 14 15:14:01 UTC 2014

Hi Tal and Kevin,
Thanks for mail and the user friendly package. I was not aware of the
existence of "fuzzysearch" package.

Kevin, I am allowing the mismatches (to a defined maximum which is a
function of the length of the pattern) but there is a strict 'no' for
insertions and deletions.

I do see that the functions 'fuzzysearch.find_near_matches' and
'fuzzysearch.find_near_matches_with_ngrams' works perfect for mismatches.
However, I could not find a way to avoid alignment when there is an
insertion or deletion.

Is there a way to restrict the maximum distance to mismatches only?
Levenshtein distance seems to have the same issue.

Thanks and regards
Mary