[Biopython] FASTA file parsing

Ismail Uddin ismail.sameeuddin at gmail.com
Sun Jun 29 10:43:20 UTC 2014

Dear Sir or Madam,

I would like to post a question regarding FASTA file parsing using the
BioPython module. The current tutorial online indicates how to parse a
FASTA file, but the output is in the format Seq('<<sequence here>>',
SingleLetterAlphabet())

I would like to know how one may simply print out the entire sequence
without any adjoining text i.e. 'ACTACGGCGAT'

I ask this question, as I am trying to write a script that will read each
entry in the FASTA file and produce a dictionary of key being the ID and
the value being the raw sequence.

​Thank you in advance for your help and cooperation,
Ismail Uddin