[Biopython] help with seqxml format

Peter Cock p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com
Thu Jan 23 13:56:08 UTC 2014

On Thu, Jan 23, 2014 at 1:40 PM, Alan <alanwilter at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks Peter,
>
> I am using the latest version 1.63.
>
> I’ve found some mistakes of myself, aa.description is fine:

Oh good - I was puzzled about that bit.

> This is almost what I want. The only thing I’d like to add is ‘’’source="QfO
> http://www.ebi.ac.uk/reference_proteomes/" sourceVersion="2013_04">’’’ to
> the <seqXML> tag header. How would I do it please?

Setting record.annotations["sourceVersion"] = "2013_04" should do it.

(I'm assuming the odd QfO bit for the source value was a problem
copying text into the email).

If you are wondering, I've just been reading the source code for
the SeqXmlWriter class to see where it looks for fields:
https://github.com/biopython/biopython/blob/master/Bio/SeqIO/SeqXmlIO.py

It would be nice if someone was to summarise this mapping
in the module's help text (the docstrings).

Regards,